Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Big News


We are pregnant!
Today we are 12 weeks and 2 days! I think we are still in shock about the whole thing. After we had the miscarriage we kept trying at home with no luck. I finally asked my doctor for a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist, she put one in for me and after meeting with the RE twice and completing a water ultrasound she suggested an IUI with 50mg of Clomid. Tina and I agreed. We went in for the IUI on Father’s Day (June 17), when she did the ultrasound she only saw one follicle and asked if we wanted to continue with the procedure. Tina and I both said yes, we were excited and this was a lot less stressful then doing the procedure at home. 2 weeks later while I was out of town I called Tina early in the morning and told her that I really wanted to test, there was no way that I could wait until I got home. So I tested and when the test read “Pregnant” I laughed and cried at the same time. We were both amazed.
It took us longer than planned to get where we are at today, but we would not change a thing. We are beyond happy and cannot wait for March10th!
In other news we are selling our current house and moving into a new house in September. We will both be closer to work. Currently I drive 45 mins to work, at the new house I will be about 15 mins away. We close on the new house at the end of September; we hope our current house sells soon!
Also, I start my Doctorate in October! All this awesome stuff is happening! Life is great!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So glad you're posting again. Can't wait to read all about your pregnancy. How have you been feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been feeling that great! But it is getting better! We found out the other day that its a boy! I will be updating the blog soon! I am so happy for you and Justine!!!!!

    ReplyDelete