Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pregnancy~


I still cannot believe that we are pregnant! I am in awe every day and thank God for the wonderful blessing over and over again. Overall this experience has been awesome. We are 17 weeks pregnant and although I am still dealing with nausea and tiredness life is perfect.

We found out last week that we are having a BOY! We are beyond excited and cannot wait! So much is going on right now! Tina is starting a new job in one month! We just closed on a new house last Monday! I start my Doctorate next Monday! And we are really not motivated at all to move because we have not sold our other house so we are taking our sweet time! And when I say that I mean we have not even packed one box! Crazy huh?

Good thing is, is that I am sitting in the new house right now while they install cable, phone, and internet. That means all the TVs are at the new place, maybe with no TVs to watch we will get motivated to pack. I doubt it, but you never know what can happen.
Now back to having a baby! I have a few questions. How long did everyone stay nauseous for? How long did your headaches last? And did you all have heartburn throughout the whole pregnancy or did it get better the further along you went?

I also have a few confessions. When we found out we were pregnant I told Tina that I wanted to paint the bedroom a neutral color, like a green or maybe a yellow. The second we found out that it was a boy I told her that the room would be painted blue! Thank goodness she agreed. Next I told my family and friends that we were decorating the nursery In a sports monkey theme, again not neutral at all. The day we found out it was a boy we bought about 10 little outfits that have monkeys on them. Now my family is going crazy buying monkey outfits! I am afraid that he will only have monkey clothing! My family is very excited! I have 5 amazing sisters. I am number 3, but this is my Mom's first grandchild! Also since my mother and father had all girls this is the first boy! They are all freaking out! And so am I!

When my youngest sister was born I was 10 years old. My parent did not find out what the sex was they said they knew it was a boy. They only had a boy name picked out. Caleb Michael. I was a big Tom boy and really wanted a brother so I too was very sure that it was a boy. My sister was born at home using a midwife and when my Dad told me it was a girl, I got mad and cried. Her name is Kayla Michelle and I am now very thankful that she was a girl because I cannot imagine life without her! My father passed away about 6 years ago so he will not be able to experience his grandson. But I know he is in heaven now with his grandchild, the baby Tina and I lost last year and he will be watching over this one. I often wonder what he was thinking the day I got bad and cried about it being a girl. He is probably looking down now and saying "it took 20 years, but here's your boy!"


One last question, during your pregnancy were you emotional the whole time or where there times that were worse than others? For some reason I thought the first trimester would be the worst. But this second trimester has me emotional about everything!

1 comment: