Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Coming out

                Yesterday was a crazy day!  I will start by reminding everyone that for the first 2 and a half years of our relationship Tina and I had to keep our relationship a secret at work. She was my boss for some of that time so it was hard, but we did it. After the Don’t ask, Don’t tell policy was lifted I have wanted to tell people at work and have been stressed about it. I just didn’t know how to do it. Well Tina and I talked about it this past week and she gave me some ideas and talked me though what exactly I was scared about. I felt better about telling people after that. Then, yesterday at work I wore my wedding band all day. One of my friends asked me if I got married during my vacation. I decided to just tell him and his wife the whole story. I did and they were excited for us and were more than accepting. It felt great and that helped me face the rest of the group.
                Everyone was very accepting and happy. Tina and I went to a hockey game with some people from work last night and we had a blast! I am so happy that I was able to tell everyone. Life is GREAT and I hope it will continue to get greater!  

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear this happy news! I remember feeling so much better after I came out to my co-workers. Now (thankfully) it's a complete non-issue.

    ReplyDelete